Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Lunch at the Stadium


I had to run some errands in Guttenberg this afternoon so I decided to stop in for a late lunch at the Stadium. This was my first time visiting the bar and grill, even though I had heard great things about it, especially in terms of steak. Being that it was lunch I didn't go for a steak, but a Philly Cheese Steak Sandwich hit the mark just right.
I was surprised by the number of customers a 2:00 pm Wednesday lunch cooked up (around 15 of us). The Stadium, which boasts seven tvs mostly for sports viewing, was tuned into game shows for the afternoon, which bonded everyone in the space with the same sportsmen like appeal, as booth and bar sitters alike were answering questions on "Jeopardy" and siding with what to do or not to do on "Deal or No Deal."
The staff at the Stadium was incredibly friendly and seemed to get along very well with one another. Timing of service check ups was excellent as well as the timing of the food. We didn't wait long at all. I was impressed with the selections of entrees (including breakfast) and the nice menus which all entrees were displayed. While Philly Cheese Steak can be said to be a typical bar food entree, my husband had a chimichunga, which I consider to be atypical for the bar scene, but was just as high of quality. (See photo) My favorite part of the whole experience were the fries. I am so picky when it comes to french fries. Although there were way more served than I could possibly eat, the french fries were nearly perfect, lightly crispy on the outside and soft in the middle. Mmmm.

Overall Experience:
Food: Fast, Good Selection, Great French Fries
Appearance: Clean, semi-dark bar-like feel with video games and tvs all around. Great looking menus. Gave a feeling of cool on a hot summer day.
Price: Average. Lunch and drinks for two people = approximately $16.00
Service: Friendly with good timing. The staff allows you to have you personal space.

No comments:

Post a Comment